Here in Colorado, hail damage is relatively common. When hail hits, it can damage the roof or covering of your home, and ignoring that damage can have major implications. So, even if you think your roof looks okay after a storm, home owners, get your roof inspected!
Roof Damage Quick Facts:
- The shingles on your roof have protective granules that may “shed” after a storm.
- The loss of these protective granules allows the shingles to become exposed to harsh UV rays from the sun, making them weaker.
- Weaker shingles are more susceptible to further damage by weather changes such as; snow, high winds, and rain. Further impacting the integrity of your roof.
- This can impact the drainage around your house, and causes leakage, or flooding issues!
- Roof warranties may become void, or decreased, if roof repairs are not addressed as soon as possible and completed by a professional roofing company.
In addition, water damage is persistent. Mold can spread subtly into your ceilings and walls. Certain molds can compromise your health, and eat away at your home’s foundation.
We are coming up on the colder, and wetter months of the year. Before winter is here, if you suspect hail damage or other damage to your roof, it’s better to err on the side of caution and get it checked out quick!
Call or email us today!
Email: [email protected]