WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOUR ROOF IS DAMAGED AFTER A WIND OR HAIL STORM:
Step 1: Choose a Professional Roofing and/or Siding Contractor
Call K&P Exteriors to setup an Inspection Appointment. We will examine, evaluate and document all damages to your property. After the inspection, our specialist will determine whether it is advisable to make a claim.
Step 2: File a Claim
Contact your Insurance Company through their claims department. Inform them that your property has sustained damage and give them the type of damage (hail, wind, etc.) and the DATE OF LOSS. At this time, let them know that a professional contractor has examined the property and who that contractor is (K&P Exteriors). Your insurance company will give you a Claim Number, write this number down and provide it to us for reference.
Step 3: Insurance Adjuster Meeting
An Insurance Adjuster will Contact You within 48 hours of making a claim to schedule an appointment at your property. Inform them of the contractor you have selected and that you would like K&P Exteriors to be present for the inspection. Confirm the date when your insurance adjuster and notify K&P Exteriors of the appointment date and time so we can meet them during inspection. We will discuss damages to your roof and type of work needed to take place with the insurance adjuster. This includes all measurements, pricing and any code upgrade requirements necessary to bring your property back to its original condition before the storm.
Step 4: Insurance Summary
The Insurance Company will send you a Damage Report containing the list of damages and the payout amounts. Along with the summary will be your first installment check called the ACV (actual cash value) payment. It is important to review this with your K&P Exteriors Representative to insure that it’s complete and accurate. At this time, you will determine repairs to be made and products to be installed.
Step 5: Installation
**Most Roof Replacements take One to Three Days to Install**
**Most Siding Jobs take Three or More Days to Install**
For Your Roof we will:
- Tarp Shrubs and easily damaged landscaping.
- Remove all Existing Roof Material – discards are placed in a dump trailer or roll off dumpster and hauled away to an approved landfill.
- Replace or Repair Bad Decking.
- Install Ice & Water Shield – Used as an underlayment to protect sloped roofs from water penetration due to wind-driven rain and water back-up resulting from ice dams on eaves and in valleys.
- Apply Underlayment – Building codes and shingle manufacturers all require the use of a roof underlayment, such as an asphalt roof felt paper or synthetic felt.
- Apply Roofing Material – starting at eaves and working upwards.
- Apply Flashing around the chimney, stack vents, and pipes to deflect water away from seams and joints.
- Install Ventilation – installed at the peak of a sloped roof which allows warm, humid air to escape your home’s attic.
- Clean up surrounding area to ensure it is free of nails and discarded roofing materials.
For Your Siding Project we will:
- Protect close shrubs and easily damaged landscaping.
- Remove all Existing or Damaged Siding – discards are placed in a dump trailer or roll off dumpster and hauled away to an approved landfill or recycling center.
- Replace or Repair Bad Sheathing.
- Install Vapor Barrier – Used as an underlayment to protect walls from water penetration due to wind-driven rain any water that may get behind the siding.
- Apply Siding Material – starting at lowest level and working upwards.
- Apply Flashing at any penetrations and above windows to deflect water away.
- Clean up surrounding area to ensure it is free of nails and discarded siding materials.
Step 6: Insurance Claim Completion
Once your project has been completed, your K&P Exteriors Representative will do a final walk-through with you and issue a final invoice with any supplements incurred to the insurance company. This will release any remaining funds being withheld. This is called Recoverable Depreciation.
Step 7: Final Payment and Warranty Information
Upon receipt of final payment from the insurance company, K&P Exteriors will provide you with warranty information for products used along with our 5-year workmanship guarantee and the standard lifetime manufacturers warranty on materials. Call for warranty details.
Call K&P today to get started!